Saturday, April 22, 2017

DOLL QUILT RECEIVED AND IMPORTANT NOTICE!

I again participated in Lori's doll quilt swap and today I received mine!  I received this adorable doll quilt from Pat Riley from Janesville, WI.  Thank you so much, Pat!  I just love it.  


Here it is with Albert on his doll bed.  Albert was my Mother's doll and the doll bed was made for me by my Grandfather!  You can see more about Albert here.  



Another picture of Albert with his new quilt!  He loves it too!


Pat also sent me this pretty pin!



I found out that Pat lives in Wisconsin and owns a quilting retreat, Prairie Hill Retreat!  It looks like a wonderful place for a retreat.  You can find out more about it here.  

ANNOUNCEMENT

Lori, of Humble Quilts, has been an inspiration to me for quite some time.  Since I'm involved in a quilt guild here in McMinnville, OR, and Lori lives in Oregon as well, I decided to see if she could come to my quilt guild meeting to give a presentation, and she agreed!  I've been following her blog for years and have met with her in person a couple times as well as having participated in a few of her doll quilt exchanges and sew alongs.  

This is an invitation for anyone in this area to come to the meeting of Piecemakers Quilt Guild on May 8, 2017 at 1:00 PM where Lori will present her program on Seasonal Quilts.  We meet in the Brookdale Senior Living Town Center at 775 NE 27th Street, McMinnville, OR on the 2nd floor.  If you have any questions you can email me from my "About" section.  

Lori's blog, Humble Quilts, is very active with almost 2,000 followers and at their insistence she now hosts a Humble Quilts Facebook group with 870+ members. The blog has been highlighted in Quiltmania magazine.

Her online quilting activities have kept her busy for the last few years. She has hosted  doll size quilt swaps with quilters from all over the world and lead many successful and fun quiltalongs, reproducing antique quilts in small versions. These group projects motivate other quilters to stay on task with a specific pattern and/or encourage quilters to explore and work through their own idea and create unique projects for themselves.

We would love to see you there!


12 comments:

  1. What a wonderful little quilt...ots no wonder Albert likes it! I wish I lived closer, as Lori's presentation sounds interesting. Have you shares the quilt you sent? (I don't remember, but I'm going to go look now!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful little quilt, Ruth!! Looks very fine with Albert. I love the photo of Albert on the bed with the quilt. So many generations of love there.
    Oh, to be in Oregon on May 8th! I would love to be there, but I doubt I will be in the neighborhood. : (

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I wish I could be there, I really admire Lori's work and have participated in a couple of her sew-alongs. Enjoy, and I know you'll share with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very cute little quilt and I love the pictures of Albert with his new quilt. He is just adorable and such a treasure. It would be fun to see Lori at your meeting, darn, it is just too far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Albert looks well chuffed with his new quilt. How marvellous to have these family heirlooms to treasure. I would relish the opportunity to come along and meet Lori but it's a bit of a swim! I look forward to read your blog post after Lori's visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quilt for Albert--he looks very comfortable on it. Would like to hear Lori speak but would be a long road trip

    ReplyDelete
  7. How great to have Lori come to present her quilts for your group!
    I wish I lived closer to meet you too. great little quilt from the swap

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable quilt! I love your display with Albert and the cherished doll bed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun quilt. It looks great on that doll bed. I too follow Lori and would love to attend, but Florida is a bit of a drive. How fun to have her come to your gathering. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hor fortunate you are to have both your mother's doll and the doll bed your grandfather made. My grandfather made chairs. The kind you would have outside. He made me a couple in a smaller size. I don't know that they were even painted ones. He never did any find wood working.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your quilt! I've met Pat a few times and she is very sweet and her quilting is pretty amazing!
    Thanks for the shout out on the guild meeting. I'll make an announcement too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Albert looks like he's saying, "Look; isn't my new quilt pretty?" And it is! Wish I could go with you to your guild meeting! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete