Wednesday, November 19, 2014

HOUSTON QUILT FESTIVAL AND A VISIT WITH NANA GIRL

 I think I told you before about my Civil War quilt being sent to hang at the Houston Quilt Festival.  Since I wasn't able to go to it, I had a friend take a picture for me so I would have proof that it was actually there.  I feel very honored to have had my quilt hanging there.





I'm sorry that I haven't posted lately.  If you read my last post, you know we were in Virginia.  After Virginia, we traveled to Florida where I was able to visit with Karen of NanaGirlQuilts.  She graciously showed me many of her quilts and I especially enjoyed seeing her Jubilee quilt.  Her hand quilting is amazing!  I hope you'll go over to her blog and check it out if you haven't done so already. I would love to take one of her classes or visit the guild she belongs to some time.

Thanks to all who voted for my Baskets of Blue quilt in the Bloggers' Quilt Festival and for your lovely comments!  I didn't win anything, but it was fun and I visited a lot of other quilters' blogs and saw some lovely quilts.  I continue to be amazed that there are so many quilting blogs out there - and so many talented quilters!

I have been quilting on this scrappy rail fence Christmas quilt and it is about half way quilted.  It's going to be a donation quilt.


I'm gradually getting back to a routine and am especially happy to be able to spend the holidays with our oldest son, whose birthday is today, BTW.  We're going to fix supper for him and I think this is the first time in many years that we have been able to be with him on his birthday.





14 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your Houston quilt Ruth! It is gorgeous. So good to see that you are enjoying your travels as well as entertaining your son in your new home. Blessings to you this Holiday Season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on having your quilt displayed in Houston. Very Cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful quilt and awesome for it to be hung up during the big quilt show! Hope you enjoyed our lovely state of VA! What a joy for you all to share your son's birthday once again.
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to know you are home safe and sound after a wonderful trip. You have a lot of celebrating to do with your son's birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas and on and on it goes. Your Civil War quilt is beautiful and it well deserved to be at Houston!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect you got some pix taken of your CW quilt displayed in Houston. It is so very cool! Good times that you all were with your son for his birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Ruth, your quilt is gorgeous!
    You have done a beautyful work.
    Greetings
    Karina

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so sweet to give me a shout out, I was so glad we could do lunch and that you wanted to see my quilts. Congrats on having a quilt hang at Houston. It's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm very very excited to know someone (well online at least) who had a quit hanging in Houston, but I expect it's even more exciting to be the one with the quilt hanging there! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The quilt looks amazing hanging in the Houston show.
    I bet your son is excited to have you around to celebrate holidays with him and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's a beautiful quilt and how nice to celebrate with your son this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. congratulations on having your quilt at Houston. It is Beautiful! How nice to visit Karen.
    Enjoy visit with your son - how nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting it must be to have your quilt hang in the Houston show! Quite an honor, and well deserved! Your quilt is gorgeous. I love your setting! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW That is one beautiful quilt--an heirloom for sure

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun to be celebrating with your son!
    Your quilt looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete