Wednesday, November 6, 2013

MORE WONDERFUL QUILTS!

Here are some more quilts from the International Festival of Quilts in Houston, TX.  I just wish I had taken my better camera, but at least you can get a pretty good idea of some of the quilts that I liked best.  There were so many and my battery ran down.  In fact my phone went totally dead.  Lesson learned - bring better camera.

Log Cabin Quilt - hand quilted.

Friends of Baltimore - Amazing!!
 

Texas Gold - one of my favorites!
 The description of these next two quilts was too blurry to read unfortunately, so I don't know their names.

This was intriguing - the fabric was folded in each square to make roses.




Milady - another of my favorites!


My First Trip to Baltimore


Nite Owl


This quilt won an award

This quilt was all pieced with what looked like 1/2" pieces!!

Placemat quilt which was part of a special exhibit.

Another award winning quilt


Gorgeous!!


It would have taken days to really study all the quilts to see how they were made, etc. and I only had a few hours, but it was a wonderful few  hours!  I hope you enjoyed a glimpse of the festival.

7 comments:

  1. Can you imagine having to judge that show?!! I know every time I go and look at all those absolutely fantastic quilts, I think to myself "why do I even bother"!! HA But I don't know how you could pick winners there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are really amazing quilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must have been a tough job for the judges! So many really, really special quilts! I can already see you making your own "Milady"! *grin* ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are some real jaw-droppers here, Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These quilts are amazing! Thanks for sharing your wonderful day with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilts are fantastic. Sometimes I just like to stand and stare at them. I try hard not to do any drooling at the shows though. LOL
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Extraordinary quilts! Thank you so much for sharing these images. I love the Lone Star too. Definitely on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete