I received August's baskets (12) last week and still hadn't worked on July's, so my goal was to get the 24 basket blocks prepped in order to take on a short trip this week to visit my sister. While getting the prepping done, I also got 8 of them sewn down, so I only have 16 to take on the trip.
This is my packet of prepped blocks. I'll put them in the baggie. I finally remembered that I had appliqué glue on hand, so I glued these on the block and don't have to fiddle with the pins - in case I need some, I put a few pins in the little altoids tin. But not using the pins is really nice - especially if I am working on this in the airport or airplane.
In the mean time, I decided to start sewing these blocks together. This project was started when I retired in 2009 and was my "travel" project even before we got the camper. The blocks have been finished for a while and they are going together rather fast.
Yesterday AT&T upgraded us to fiber optic internet and the technician had to put the wire through the wall into my sewing closet. I had no idea he would have to do that, so I wasn't prepared. I took out a bunch of stuff and the benefit is that now I can see the floor in there! I even vacuumed it and organized some things for better access. I still need to rearrange my shelves which are on the left side and you can't really see them. I plan to put my CW fabric on a higher shelf and put all my plastic bins on a lower shelf so it will be easier for me to see what I have in there.
While I was in there I found some backing fabric that I had forgotten about and I didn't find some fabric that I bought to make a long CW type dress. I have searched in this closet and in my "overflow" closet to no avail. Well, it will have to wait until I return.
This is my first time that I will be flying standby using the discount that we get from my DS's company that he flies with. I hope I don't have to wait too long. But, I will have my baskets and a couple books along to keep me occupied.