In my March 31 post I showed this doll bed that a friend gave to me (actually, she forced me to take it). Have you seen the foam mattress pads that have the bumps all over them? I think it is supposed to make an uncomfortable bed comfortable. We had an old one - it came with our first camper and we never used it. Well, that's what I used to make the doll bed mattress. I just cut it to size and then cut off the bumps the best that I could. The smooth side will be up, but the uneven underside doesn't look or feel bad once the mattress cover is on. I still haven't covered the mattress or made the sheet for it, so I thought I would show you what it looks like.
Today, I finished the quilt top that I will be using for the doll bed, so I put it on the doll bed to show you what it will look like. I guess I forgot to take a picture of the whole quilt top - you can't see the border at all in these pictures. I am going to hand quilt it.
Here it is with the doll on top of it.
I think I saw this idea on someone else's blog, but I am going to use this tea towel as the "top" sheet. I really like the way it looks.
Oh, BTW, I have added a few things to my secret blog.