Thursday, June 24, 2010

SISTERS, OR

This was the view we saw when we were on our way west from Idaho to Sisters, OR. The Three Sisters mountain peaks were in the distance. (At least, I think these are the three sisters - if not, 2 of them are and the other one is nearby). We are back in Sisters again, but I won't be going to the quilt shop this time. We are on our way to my BIL's and are just passing through - stopping at McDonald's for lunch. It is another beautiful day and we enjoy seeing the mountain peaks again.
It was sad leaving our son's home after being there for 2 1/2 weeks. It was a wonderful visit

6 comments:

  1. I bet you were disappointed to leave. Think on the bright side that you got 2 1/2 weeks with them!
    It is a beautiful day today! I'm so glad you got to enjoy the mountains and blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful view. Looks like you're really making the most of your retirement! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a wonderful visit. Getting to stop and check out quilt shops is always fun. My mom and I had a blast when we were up there earlier this year.
    Enjoy the cool weather as long as you can...it's hot down this way!!
    Happy Quilting, and Traveling!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just been reading about a quilt retreat in Sisters OR in an old issue of American Patchwork & Quilting. We have a rock formation here in NSW called the Three Sisters. Cheers, Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The view is beautiful. Or is so pretty and so unlike Illinois. We are flat here and I love seeing the mountains.
    Enjoy the next leg of your trip. (Did you take your featherweight?)

    ReplyDelete