Tuesday, January 5, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


We spent Christmas with DS#3 and his family (Jonah pictured below licking a spatula) and DS#1 and family (they came from Oregon and we all went to Arkansas). We had a great family time with them and 3 of our grandchildren!
While there, we went to the Air Force Base and took a tour of the radio tower. Unfortunately, the elevator wasn't working, so we had to walk up about 9 flights! That is a lot for an "older" person! But I survived. Hee Hee!!

Lori at Humble Quilts is having a "quilt along" to make a replica of an antique doll quilt. I decided to join in and went to get some cheddar fabric needed, along with some other fabrics that I might use for the doll quilt (or something else).
The quilt shop also had a scrap bin, so I selected a bunch of them for $2 (for filling a plastic bag). Most of these might be able to be used in the doll quilt also.
Thanks for all your comments! I haven't been able to respond to all of them. For some reason, my email wasn't going out while we were using the lap top on our trip. I hope we get it figured out because we're leaving for Florida Thursday for a 2-3 week trip. I love being retired!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Jonah is such a cutey! Your doll quilt fabrics are lovely. Great buys from the scrap bin! They come in so handy for so many things. Have a terrific trip! Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabric you picked out. I'm sure you'll have part 1 together in no time.
    Think of all the calories you burned climbing the stairs!! :) It sounds like you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time traveling! And I think the doll quilt fabric is great.

    ReplyDelete