Wednesday, November 18, 2009

SOME FUTURE SCRAPPY PROJECTS

I got this free pattern in the mail and really liked it. In the mean time, I have been working on gifts and not able to post them for fear that the recipients would see them, so I haven't posted anything for quite a while. I needed a break from those projects, so I started cutting from my stash for a few scrap quilts.
Here are a few sample blocks that I made up and below are lots of triangles and strips cut to make them. This will be a good leader/ender project.
Below are a few blocks left over from a baby quilt that I made and I decided to get some more of these made up for a potential future gift.
I am trying to get some eye spy type of fabrics for the baby quilt.
This cat quilt looks like fun too, so I decided to cut some more fabric for this one.
Another leader/ender project. I'm retiring soon, so I'm hoping to get lots of sewing done! One month from today I'll be free!!! Woo Hoo!!!!

5 comments:

  1. That first quilt looks like lots of fun, and nice and scrappy to boot! Sometimes you just have to get up from the sewing machine and stretch a little at the cutting table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The countdown to retirement is on, you will love it. I love that first project, so simple but visually stunning. You have a pile of quilts ready to go, what fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, you lucky girl -- I have longer to wait for retirement than I can even count! Looks like you're getting all set up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Retirement can't come soon enough for you! You have plenty to keep you busy. I'm so jealous....I still have about 10 years to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only a month to go? I bet you are thrilled! So many wonderful projects you are working on. I've always loved that cat block.

    ReplyDelete