Tuesday, July 21, 2009

HAND PIECING IN CAR

I don't claim to get as much quilting done as some people, but I have been asked how I do get so much done. As others have also said, I have "take it with me" projects. I have my Howdy Doody lunch box ready to go. We have a 35 minute drive to church, so I have been working piecing my tumbler table runner along the way. Note: pictures taken in driveway. Hee Hee!
I'm making it for our coffee table to go along with the tumbler wall hanging that I am hand quilting. They are both charm quilts made with mostly reproduction fabrics. I'm not on any timetable - they will be finished when they are finished!
I bought this book at the quilt show yesterday. I really like the projects in it and the applique looks pretty easy and can be done on the machine. I don't really think I'll do anything from it this year, but I really like the card holder on the right side of the front cover above.


Now I'm off to work on some BOMs. I need to get them going - I don't want to get too far behind on them!

6 comments:

  1. My goodnees Ruth, you are a prodigious quilter. I constantly marvel at all you do. The card holder is so clever! Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilting in "stolen moments" is exactly how you get so much done. :) I love every single one of the Art to Heart books and that's a real favorite of mine. And your watermelon table runners are too cute! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep a take along project of english paper pieced hexagons in the van. It is always a blessing to have a project while "waiting" at the drs office or any other appointment.
    Your outfit is beautiful. I love the color and it looks very nice on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never quilted in the car and wonder if the motion would bother me. I must give it a try. Love your tumblers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go, Ruth!!! Love your Howdy Doody lunch box.:-)
    Can't wait to see your tumbler table runner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Howdy Doody sewing kit. What a hoot!

    ReplyDelete