I planned to get my basket quilt put together yesterday, so I cleared off the bed in the guest bedroom AKA quilting overflow room. All the blocks just barely fit on the double bed (I don't have a design wall, just a "design door" and another small piece of wall space). Uh Oh! something is wrong here. There doesn't seem to be enough baskets! I must be placing them wrong. I decided it was a good idea to look at the pattern and it was as I thought it should be. I counted the baskets in the picture - 128!! Oh no!! I "only" made 120! I thought I was finished when the medallion fabric came. 120 seemed like a good number!
This morning I bit the bullet and prepped 8 more blocks. It didn't kill me and they are ready to appliqué down.
Another chore that I seem to put off is labeling quilts. I have to get a couple labeled - one for a quilt show and one to give away - so I got out my iron-on label books and since I was doing it anyway, I looked around the house to see if there were other quilts needing labels. Big surprise! I found 5 more needing labels, so I picked out some labels and ironed them onto muslin.
I will use my special pens to trace the lines and write the information needed on them.
These are the label books I use.