Saturday, June 15, 2013

B J's QUILT SHOP, ETC.

I had to add a couple more beach scenes, ladies!  Even though it wasn't warm (or hot), we enjoyed the beach.  (In fact, we enjoyed it more because it wasn't hot).

Eat your heart out!

What a gorgeous scene!!!
We drove past this sign a few times and I didn't say a word.  In a way, I didn't want to be tempted.  However, DH is so sweet and thoughtful, he pulled into it anyway!!!!


We followed the signs....


down a narrow driveway....


 till we arrived at a house....


 Yes!  This is it....


I went inside....


It was crammed with fabrics, patterns and quilts hanging everywhere - even on the ceiling!


The view from the entry....

You can see the purse hanging in front of the yellow fabric.

I certainly didn't plan on buying a pattern, but when I saw this purse made up,  I loved it and after due consideration, decided to purchase it. (A Cute Bag designed by Ginnie Kelly of Wonder Woman Quilts).   Of course, I had to get fabric for it as well! I don't plan to make it until I get home, but will show it when it's finished.  The bag as 2 pockets on the outside of each side as well as some pockets in the main part of the bag.  The owner's granddaughter helped me pick out the fabric and found some dragonfly fabric that I bought for my DGD's birthday.


I loved the little visit to B J's!  If you ever get to the Pacific City/Cloverdale, OR area, be sure to stop in.  Or you can visit their web site here.

8 comments:

---"Love" said...

Truly beautiful beach scenes! And what a great little quilt store, way out in the boonies, as we would say here in Texas. Looks like a fun place to dig into! Glad your sweet hubby decided to make the turn. ---"Love"

Mary said...

Love the idea of being by the ocean! Envious. The pattern and fabric look so cute. It is fun to be surprised by a neat quilt shop.

Janet O. said...

I've never had a warm day at a northwest coast beach. : )
Love little out-of-the-way shops like that. How fun!

a good yarn said...

It's a tough gig Ruth, but you are just the gal for the job! What a fantastic quilt shop. That's a real Aladdin's cave of treasures.

Beth said...

The beach is beautiful, warm or not.
The quilt shop looks like they made use of every square inch. What fun to poke around for treasures.

Quilting Babcia said...

You are having just too much fun my friend! Enjoy!

Lori said...

Oh those types are so fun to run into!

Debbie Lou said...

Looks like you are having a great time. I love your pic on the beach. Love your lounge chairs. May I ask where you got them? I have been looking for something like that for awhile, but no luck. Thanks...enjoy your day!