I finished the strip quilt and it will be donated through my guild to the children's hospital for a teen age patient. I really like it and will try to keep one in the works to use up scraps. I used pieces of left over binding to bind it, so the only piece that I purchased was the backing, which I purchased at an outlet store, and of course the batting. I'm really happy with it.I finished all the piecing on the flag quilt and will put it aside for now. I need to figure out how big I should make the stars. I placed some paper stars on the blue background to see which size looks better. Maybe Theri and Lori could let me know how big the stars are on their quilts. I might take the blue with me to hand applique the stars on the trip coming up.
This little doll dress was in really sad condition in a box. I finally took it out and fixed it as much as I could. There is a big tear in the skirt and I sewed some tulle on both sides to keep it from tearing any more. I also hand sewed the back skirt to the bodice and a quite a few splits in seams. I think this was one of my Mom's doll dresses, which would make it about 75 or more years old. Maybe my Mom or Grandma made it.
I think I'll work on my basket quilt a little now. Have a nice weekend!